Thursday 13 November 2008

OMIGOD! ITS HHHUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!

Nope I am not talking about Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights, I am talking about the new Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller. I posted about this watch sometime back saying that it looked mighty thick and meaty but would reserve final judgement until i saw the watch in the metal...

well the judgement is in and its a HUGE THUMBS DOWN!!!

when i first held it, the immediate thought that crossed my mind was, 'this is not a Rolex'... well of course it is a Rolex as thats what it says on the dial but it feels more like a Rolex wanting to be a 47mm Fiddy cased Panerai or a greater than 46mm JLC Master Compressor... its just not a sports Rolex. Not too thick, 40mm was perfect sized... this is SOOOO THICK. it was thicker than the JLC MC Diver Chrono and a 44mm Fiddy Panerai that we had on hand...

Photobucket

as a friend noted as well, the bracelet is a bit too thin for it and should have been made thicker at the lugs. i personally found it highly disproportionate, like a big head doll. this is just dissapointing which is why in terms of recent Rolex releases, the GV still stands tall in my books :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Perpetuelle said...

I'm with you. I'd take the GV first choice any day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...