Thursday 15 July 2010

cai guo qiang's head on... a wonderful installation art exhibit in singapore

if u have a bit of time someday and like some of the images noted here, do pop by to see this installation art work called 'head on' by cai guo qiang... it'll be at the national museum of singapore from 2Jul to 31Aug 10am-6pm...

"99 life-sized wolves are leaping en masse towards an unseen wall, with those at the front falling from striking the wall while those bringing up the rear continuing surging forward, undeterred."
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Seen from afar, the leaping wolf pack forms an arc full of force and power, their fierce courage and spirit of warrior camaraderie seemingly serving as a reminder to people: humanity is easily blinded by a kind of collective mentality and action, and is destined to repeat such error to an almost unbelievable degree."
Photobucket

The crux of this installation lies just before the glass wall, as the artist reminds people: invisible walls are the hardest to dismantle.
Photobucket

i love this work... for me the wolf is a symbol of survival and ferociousness... not majestic but rough... unpretentious... wild and free...

[ click to read the rest of the post... expand or collapse ]

Photobucket

i recall seeing the work in a magazine a long time back but recently i saw it again in visionaire issue 55 and it struck a chord...
Photobucket

some of the best wolf references popped into my head as i was doing this post and thought to share them...

lone wolf and cub...Kozure Ōkami created by the writer Kazuo Koike and the artist Goseki Kojima... if u're into comics than this is definitely one of the best out there...
Photobucket

Stalked in the forest, too close to hide, I'll be upon you by the moonlight side, Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do
High blood Drumming on your skin it's so tight, You feel my heat I'm just a moment behind, Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do
In touch with the ground, I'm on the hunt I'm after you. Scent and a sound. I'm lost and I'm found, And I'm hungry like the wolf.
Strut on a line it's discord and rhyme, I howl and I whine I'm after you, Mouth is alive all running inside, And I'm hungry like the wolf. ~ from the modern day poets, duran duran ;)


Photobucket

Full wolf pack speech by Alan from The Hangover :)

I’d like to… I’d like to say something that i prepared... tonight:
Hello... how bout that ride in? I guess thats why they call it Sin City... hahaha... You guys might not know this but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack... But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one... So were there two... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack and Doug joined in later...

Photobucket

And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys I thought "wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack...
Four of us wolves, running around the desert together in Las Vegas... looking for strippers and cocaine... So tonight, I make a toast! yeahaha... ooooooooooohhhhhhh... blood brothers...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Michael Teo said...

Excellent posting, bro

raphael too said...

thanks mate :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...