Friday 10 June 2011

Watch Shopping... Jun 2011

the raphmeister goes watch shopping... as i am without a job at the current time, i am thinking of paying the next purchase with body parts (let me know the part you're looking for and we'll talk numbers yuh ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Was thinking of getting me a watch of late... from the antiquorum pieces i shot i had really liked the gold rolexs so had thought to check a gold daytona out... the yellow gold with the exotic dial that was introduced with the 116528 came back to haunt me...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

but i found that the size was too small on my wrist... i then checked out another watch i had considered purchase before... the iwc portuguese perpetual calendar in rose gold... a possible proposition in the perp cal range since i wasn't gonna be getting me no patek perp calendar anytime soon...

Photobucket

Photobucket

a patek annual calendar teasing me... a childhood taunt of 'u'll never catch me, na-nee na-nee boo boo' plays in my head...

Photobucket

Photobucket

back to the iwc... i found it a little big for what should essentially be a classic styled watch... but it is a portuguese... but its a little big... and the dial is a little busy with too much information...

so my eyes wander to another old fave... one out of my price bracket(unless you're aiming for a more choice part to buy :) but a beauty... this is also a little on the small side... just a couple of mm bigger and it would be even better than the real thing ;) why can't it be a little bigger!?


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

we'll just set it aside as i don't have the budget for it... for now anyways ;)

stay tuned to find out what i do get eventually... i mean i just have to buy one proper watch this year right? :) [i can hear the missus saying 'hell no!' in the distance or is it my mind playing tricks...]

1 comment:

Stefano said...

The Dato is really nice, but I must say the Daytona is quite nice too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...